Honestly, I forget who sent this to me but we've been using for a couple of years. If the person that sent this sees this, email me and I will credit you as this has changed our lives for the better. It may have been Gwyneth.
You want a proper steak?
• First, ask your butcher for a 3.3-pound (1.5 kilogram) well-marbled bone-in ribeye in vacuum packaging. The bone is important, because it helps to keeps the meat moist. The vacuum part is important too, because it will avoid oxidation.
• Put the meat out of the fridge at room temperature (not in a hot room, just normal temperature) for 24 hours inside the vacuum packaging. Don't take it out! It's important you do this step to have the perfect result.
• On a large, very hot non-stick pan, add a bit of olive oil and put the steak in 3 minutes on each side. Don't move or lift the steak after you place it. Just let it be and flip it when it's time.
• Take it out the pan and put it on a metal rack to rest for 10 minutes.
• Let the pan heat up again to the max and put the steak back in 2 minutes on one side.
• Flip the steak and add 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of butter. Continuously pour the resulting melted butter mixed with the meat juices over the top for another 2 minutes.
• Put it on a metal rack to rest for 5 minutes, covering it with some aluminum foil with three holes on it (so the vapor doesn't condensate.)
• Cut in filets and sprinkle some good quality sea salt like fleur de sel or Maldon.